- The class instruction is optional.
- The name of the class is the file name portion of its source file.
- If the source file name is store.roo the class name is store.
- The class instruction is used to identify a base class.
- When the class instruction is absent, the class does not have a base class.
- Usually the base class is implicitly initialized, so that its methods will be available for use during the initialization of a derived class.
- The class instruction can specify that the base class is explicitly prepared.